Solar Electricity Plans- 5 Things to Look For
At present, the world has been adopting renewable energy at a rapid rate. Switching to clean energy is becoming more of a necessity each day. Be it for saving money on your electricity bill or upgrading your property’s value or reducing the carbon footprint, going solar is the need of the hour.
Installing a solar panel is indeed a smart financial investment for many homeowners or businesses. So are you thinking about installing solar panels?
Here’s a list of the top 5 things you need to take into consideration while installing solar panels:
1) Performance: Firstly, you need to choose a solar panel that produces a good power level. It should certainly be towards the upper end of the typical power ratings available on the market, which will steadily increase over time as efficiencies increase. A more efficient solar panel not only charges solar batteries faster but better efficiency means you also get more power even when the sunlight is not too bright.
2) Durability: Durability is another important factor you need to consider when buying solar panels. Durable and high-quality panels will prevent you from doing replacements all the time, which can be troublesome and moreover expensive. Try to prefer solar panels with quite a high wind load and with durability against environmental conditions.
3) Positioning: The position of the solar panels can have a much greater effect on the amount of electricity generated. If you prefer more solar electricity generation in the morning, then facing the solar panel in the east-facing direction would be preferable. Instead, if you wish to use it in the evening, a west-facing panel might be more useful. East and west-facing solar panels generate less energy throughout the entire day than those facing towards the equator.
4) Right Technology: There are multiple types of solar technology to choose from. The three primary technologies by which solar energy is harnessed are:
Photovoltaics (PV) - Directly convert light to electricity
Concentrating solar power (CSP): Uses thermal energy to drive utility-scale, electric turbines
Solar heating and cooling (SHC) systems: Collects thermal energy to provide hot water, air heating, or conditioning
5) Choosing a Good Installer: Choosing a solar installer can be the most challenging part of your solar panel installation process. So, it’s good to seek services from a local solar panel installation company, as you have the assurance that the installers will be readily available if the need arises. Choose reputable installers who provide:
Valid permits and paperwork
Certified professionals, track-record & experience
Warranty (solar panel warranty, installation warranty, inverter warranty)
Cost-effective financing options
High-quality solar panels & maintenance services
The perfect solar panel depends on the individual’s lifestyle, preferences, roof size, and desired investment strategy. So, before choosing solar products, find out what exactly your home or business requires.
Are you looking for a premium solar power system in Australia? Solar Today provides a wide range of professional services for both residential and commercial needs of solar panels. Our approach to taking a solar system from initial design to installation, interconnection & maintenance meets the highest standards of safety, quality and design specifications.